Welcome to Asian Staff Forum
On Wednesday, February 19, 2014, Asian Staff Forum held it's annual Lunar New Year Tea. Members of Asian Staff Forum came together to share tea, sweets, and traditions from their culture and how they celebrated the Lunar New Year.
We learned about the Japanese new year celebrations, receiving new clothes at the Lunar New Year, and receiving and giving red envelopes.
Thank you every one for attending and bringing your dish!
Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm
Asian American Activities Center, Couchroom (2nd floor)
Parking is limited. Please consider carpooling or taking the Marguerite.
Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 12:00pm
Terrace Room (Fourth Floor), Margaret Jacks Hall (off the main quad)
Wednesday, October 16, 2013 - 12:00pm
Li Ka Shing Center, Room 130
Please RSVP here: https://www.onlineregistrationcenter.com/register.asp?m=263&c=98
The mission of Stanford Asian Staff Forum (ASF) is to promote the interests of the Asian/Pacific/Indian sub-continent employees at Stanford University, Stanford Hospital and Clinics (SHC), and the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center (SLAC); and to serve as a vehicle for representing and supporting these employees
The goals of ASF are:
- To support and fund activities which support the mission of the organization.
- To present the concerns of the membership to appropriate parties and to encourage their resolution.
- To develop a supportive network of Asian Americans in the Stanford community.
- To participate in the development of a multicultural community at Stanford.
- To promote the development of each member's career, self-imaging and self-marketing.