Dear Asian Staff Forum Members,
We are currently recruiting current ASF members to fill some open seats on our board. As ASF grows, programs and collaborates with the other staff groups in the coming year, there are plenty of opportunities for you to become a part of the planning process for the group. We also hope to provide personal growth opportunities for you as we program throughout the year.
Please scroll to the bottom of the page for a link to the PDF of the positions. Also the current board members are more than happy to talk to you about their positions. Please do not hesitate to call or write them for additional information.
The nomination form can be found here.
- any current employee at Stanford
- dedicated to the interests of ASF
- energetic and passionate about developing a supportive network
- enthusiastic in promoting ASF members’ careers with the University, the Medical Center and SLAC
Expectations of Board Members:
- At least a 1 year commitment to the ASF Board, with a term starting on 9/1 running through 8/31.
- Attend at least 75% of the ASF Board Meetings, typically called at least once a quarter, and possibly more often during busy times of the year. If you are unable to attend a meeting, you must notify the chair in advance.
- Attend and/or volunteer in planning or execution of at least 50% of ASF events during the year.
Nominations must be submitted by Friday, September 2, 2016.
The Nomination Committee will meet in September to review all nominations. Our goal is to present the slate of board members for Academic Year 2016-2017 at our annual Mid-Autumn Festival Celebration.
Please call or write Cindy Cho if you have any questions about the nominations process.