Another year has come and gone, and we are about to embark on FY16. I wanted to send a brief memo recapping the past year, and we are currently looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join the ASF Board.
As I look back at FY15 and what ASF has accomplished, I’m proud to serve as chair as our group continues to grow and expand the events and opportunities we provide to our members. Some highlights:
- Our membership grew by nearly 200 members this year, to just over 800 members, in large part to our new outreach efforts at the Welcome Center. Welcome, new members!
- Our largest and best attended API Heritage Month Lunch yet, featuring guest speaker Katherine Toy from the Angel Island Immigration Station Foundation
- Two joint events with the other Stanford Staff Groups – a book talk with Jeff Chang and the Summer Pot Luck at Porter Drive
- Tours of the new East Asia Library, the Anderson Collection, the Central Energy Facility, and Cantor Art Museum
- Brown bag lunches and informal networking opportunities
In FY16, the ASF Board will work on new events for the coming year, providing more social and networking opportunities. We would also like to thank the over 100 members that responded to our member survey – we will use the data in planning our activities over the next year.
Speaking of the board, I would like to take the time to thank the following board members for their service, as they are stepping down from their roles in the coming year – Stuart Miyasato (Mailing List Moderator), Sora Chung (Program Chair), Sione Tangen (Program Chair), Anthony Dinh (Student Liaison) and Jennie Visitation (Social Media Chair.)
I would also like to thank the board members that will be returning for another year and for their hard work and dedication over the past year. ASF is a volunteer run group, and I truly appreciate the effort each board member has put in the past year – ASF is a group effort!
Here’s to a fantastic FY16. Thank you again for being a part of ASF.
- Cindy Cho
Chair, Asian Staff Forum